BRITISH VALUES PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE
Our British Value for Autumn term 2017 is 'The Rule of Law'
Holy Family is a Catholic school which seeks to live out the values of Jesus Christ. We promote these values by our words and deeds, and Catholic doctrine and practice therefore permeates every aspect of the school's activity. We provide a Catholic curriculum, which is broad and balanced, recognising that every pupil is unique and created in the image of God (Gen 1:27). Our curriculum is designed to enable every pupil to discern their vocation and be well-equipped to follow it as active citizens in service to the world. Catholic Religious Education is the "core of the core curriculum" (Pope St John Paul II) 4 and the foundation of the entire educational process. We also provide a wide range of extra-currlcular activities and strong pastoral support. We incorporate democratic principles, value the rule of law, support individual liberty and foster a community in which different faiths and beliefs are respected".
The following are all actions that our school takes to promote the British value of the Rule of Law.
The Rule of Law
- Classes creating "class rules"
- Having a clear behaviour policy that is explained to all
- Organising visits from the police service to reinforce the message or right and wrong
- Highlighting the rules of the Church and God in the RE curriculum, for example the 10 commandments and the Precepts of the Church
- Teaching about the development of the Rule of Law in English Law, a legal system created uniquely in a Catholic England, inspired by Christian values and becoming a major influence across the world.